Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Call A Cab

Driving is such a huge responsibility that most people that for granted.
I lost a best friend to a car accident when I was younger, I work in a law office that deals with car accidents daily, and unfortunately I know too many people who have been convicted of DUI.

Someone very close to me was in an accident 2 years ago.  She was about a mile away from home, down a straight road, late at night. As she turned out of the parking lot onto the road home, she turned onto the wrong side of the divider and ended up crashing head on with another vehicle. 
She was drunk.
It saddens me that people think "I can drink a little and be fine" or "its just a block, i'll make it".
Call a cab, call a friend, call me, call anyone.
Please don't drink and drive.

Both cars were totaled. The person in the other vehicle was okay (thank god). But that doesn't change the fact that a drunk driver could have killed her.

After 2 years, the sentence was given.
180 days in jail & 3 years probation.
She will be without a license for a year. She will miss out on so much life during those years.
A part of me will be missing during that time.
She got off easy.

My mind is all over the place right now. I wish I could change the whole situation but I can't.
I can't express enough the importance of safe driving and drinking responsibly.


Photo from Google

No comments:

Post a Comment