Sunday, June 2, 2013

How to turn 25 in Punta Cana!!

The last day of our trip was my 25th Birthday!!!
Umm, I swear I JUST turned 21. Where is all this time going?!

I'm a big fan of celebrating my birthday. I love spending it with my friends and family. I love getting the free dessert at dinner and having them sing. Derek hates it. He hates the attention. 
I was a little nervous to celebrate in Punta Cana with just Derek.
My mom tells the waitress/waiter at ANY meal during the month of May that it's my birthday. 
This year I wasn't going to be able to talk to my family or text my friends or anything. 

Derek made it extra special. We woke up early and went on a Buggie Ride in Cap Cana.
We drove the buggies to the beach, went swimming, and the tour guides took pictures of all the couples.
Then we got back in the buggies and headed out to the next stop.
We parked the buggies and took a short walk through the jungle until we reached the most beautiful place I have ever seen. literally, jaw-dropping. Hoyo Azul is a cave with fresh water. The water is freezing but its worth every second. Derek and I were the first few to jump in. Being the trill seekers that we are, Derek asked the tour guide to show us where else we could jump from. We ended up climbing up on the rocks and jumping from every point possible. It was trilling and exciting and the PERFECT way to turn 25!

We spent the afternoon at the hotel pool tanning and drinking. On the way to dinner Derek took me "present shopping" and bought me some new Marc Jacobs sunnies <3 best.boyfriend.ever.award.
We went to the Teppan restaurant at the hotel (Derek and I go to Teppan for most celebrations so it was perfect!) At the end of dinner the hotel delivered a Birthday Cake and sang Happy Birthday (at least that's what I think they were saying, it wasn't in English)...

I couldn't have asked for a more amazing day.
it was a PERFECT day.
*Warning: Pictures Overload Below*

The Buggies:






(so dirty..thanks D)

Cap Cana Beach!







Hoyo Azul







Birthday Dinner









No comments:

Post a Comment